Offered on a 35% shared ownership arrangement, a modern well proportioned two bedroomed home with attractive gardens and allocated parking.
Standing as part of a modern cul-de-sac development built in 2014, the property is offered with the benefit of a shared ownership arrangement, the remainder owned by Platform Housing. The house provides well proportioned two bedroomed accommodation benefitting from a modern standard of finish, UPVC double glazing and gas fired central heating. Gardens are attractively landscaped for ease of maintenance and there is the benefit of 2 allocated car park spaces
Lying around one mile from Matlock’s town centre, the property sits alongside one of the town’s arterial roads allowing excellent road access both locally and to the surrounding centres of employment. The delights of the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District countryside are all close at hand, notably the Arc Leisure Centre and the White Peak cycle loop, each of which are nearby.
A UPVC front door with frosted glazed lights opens to an entrance hallway, being open plan to the adjacent kitchen and with doors off to a deep storage cupboard and separate:
Cloak Room – 1.07m x 1.67m (3’ 6” x 5’ 6”) with obscure glazed window, low flush WC and wash hand basin.
Fitted Kitchen – 1.85m x 2.92m (6’ 1” x 9’ 7”) fitted with a range of modern cupboards and drawers plus wood block effect work surfaces which incorporate a stainless steel sink unit. There is a stainless steel four ring gas hob with similar splash back and extractor hood above together with an undercounter oven beneath. With plumbing for an automatic washing machine and dishwasher and concealed behind a wall cupboard is the gas fired combination condensing boiler which serves the central heating and hot water system. A front facing window allows good natural light.
From the hall, a further door opens to the:
Sitting and Dining Room – 4.22m x 5.13m (13’ 10” x 16’ 10”) a well proportioned room with ample space to create a dining area and with an external door and window overlooking the gardens.
Stairs, with an open void beneath, rise to the first floor landing where there is access to the roof void and doors leading off to:
Bedroom 1 – 4.22m x 3.40m (13’ 10” x 11’ 2”) a good sized double bedroom with two windows looking across the garden and communal car park and towards the wooded slopes beyond the cul-de-sac which rise to Hackney. To one corner, a deep built in storage cupboard set above the stairwell.
Bedroom 2 – 4.22m x 2.62m (13’ 10” x 8’ 7”) a second double bedroom with two front aspect windows looking towards the mature trees which line the road.
Bathroom – 1.72m x 2.03m (5’ 8” x 6’ 8”) fitted with a white suite to include a low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath with mixer shower taps and tiled surround.
The front door is accessed via a communal pathway from the entrance to Poppy Fields Close and set back from the roadside by maintained shrub borders.
The principal gardens are found at the rear where there is a paved patio and pathways leading from the carpark together with standing for a shed, two miniature fruit trees and low maintenance garden, all surrounded by tall painted wooden fencing.
Within the communal car park at the rear, there are two allocated parking spaces which are included in the monthly rent payment.
TENURE – The property is offered leasehold which caters for current shared ownership arrangement. The purchaser will hold 35% ownership, the remaining 65% in the ownership of Platform Housing for which a rent and service charge, including buildings insurance, is currently paid at £293.24 per calendar month.
Note: Platform Housing have suggested stair-casing options to purchase up to 100% of the property may be available. If purchasing 100%, the property would become freehold. Further details available on request.
SERVICES – All mains services are available to the property which benefits from gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazing. No test has been made on services or their distribution.
COUNCIL TAX – Band B.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS – Only the fixtures and fittings mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. Certain other items may be taken at valuation if required. No specific test has been made on any appliance either included or available by negotiation.
DIRECTIONS – From Matlock Crown Square, take Bakewell Road towards Darley Dale. Proceed beyond the first island continuing passed the Premier Inn for a further 400 m before locating Poppy Fields Close on the right hand side just before Meadow View Health Centre. No. 286 is found just before the turn into Poppy Fields
VIEWING – Strictly by prior arrangement with the Matlock office 01629 580228.