3 Thatchers Croft, Nottingham Road, Tansley, Nr Matlock


Main Image
Floor plan
Main Image
Floor plan
  • Shared ownership
  • 3 bed semi detached property
  • Popular village location
  • Open plan dining kitchen
  • Dual aspect sittng room
  • Ground floor WC
  • Well respected primary school
  • Viewing highly recommended


A modern stone built semi-detached three bedroom home enjoying a popular village location and offered as Affordable Housing under a shared ownership scheme.


Standing within a well regarded cul-de-sac and popular village location, this easily managed three bedroom home presents an excellent opportunity for those seeking comfortable family accommodation. The house is built of natural stone beneath a blue slate roof and provides well proportioned living space to include an open plan dining kitchen, dual aspect sitting room and ground floor WC.

As a property under shared ownership, the asking price is for a 75% share. The remaining 25% is retained by Midland Rural Housing. Purchasers may be required to meet certain local occupancy criteria.

Tansley boasts a thriving community, well respected village primary school and two public houses. The wider market town facilities in Matlock lie around two miles away whilst good road communications also lead to the neighbouring centres of employment to include Chesterfield, Alfreton with the cities of Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham all lying within daily commuting distance. The delights of the Derbyshire Dales countryside is also close at hand.


Sheltered beneath a timber and slate canopy, a panelled glazed front door opens to an entrance hall with stairs leading off to the first floor and doors to the principal ground floor living accommodation.

Kitchen and Dining Room – 5.36m x 3.61m (17’ 6” x 11’ 8”) an open plan through room enjoying good natural light with double glazed windows to the front and rear. The kitchen area is fitted with a good range of cupboards, drawers and work surfaces which return to separate the dining/living area and provide a breakfast bar facility. There is a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit, four ring gas hob with under counter oven beneath and steel extractor canopy above. Plumbing for an automatic washing machine.

The dining area is front facing and includes an open door to a front hall with external door and separate door opening to a:

Cloak Room with low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin.

From the entrance hall, a second door opens to the:

Sitting Room – 5.36m x 3.6m (17’ 6” x 11’ 8”) again a full width room providing generous family living space and as a focal point to the room, a solid fuel fire to the chimney breast.

From the hall, stairs rise to the first floor landing which broadens to allow ample room for occasional furniture and includes a built in full height storage cupboard.

Bathroom fitted with a white suite to include panelled bath having thermostatic shower above, low flush WC, wash hand basin with concealed plumbing and built in low level cupboard with vanity surface above and extractor fan.

Bedroom 1 – 3.13m x 3.14m (10’ 3” x 10’ 3”) average. A good double bedroom, front facing and with the benefit of a wardrobe recess and built in book/display shelving set above the stair well.

Bedroom 2 – 3.6m x 3.13m (11’ 8” x 10’ 3”) average. A second double bedroom, again front facing with recessed display shelving.

Bedroom 3 – 2.61m x 2.15m (8’ 6” x 7’) a rear facing single bedroom.


Fronting the property is a block paved driveway offering parking for up to two vehicles. Adjacent to the drive is a decked terrace with a yard and raised border with a single eucalyptus. To the rear of the house is an informal grass garden, gently sloping away to a natural stone boundary wall and with attractive shrub border planting.

TENURE – Leasehold. The property is owned under a long lease (term to be confirmed). A rent is payable for the 25% share owned by Midland Rural Housing at the current rate of £137.85 per calendar month.

SERVICES – All mains services are available to the property which benefits from gas fired central heating and sealed unit double glazing. No test has been made on services or their distribution.


FIXTURES & FITTINGS – Only the fixtures and fittings mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. Certain other items may be taken at valuation if required. No specific test has been made on any appliance either included or available by negotiation.

DIRECTIONS – From Matlock Crown Square take Causeway Lane in the direction of Matlock Green, Tansley and Alfreton. Proceed through Matlock Green, rising up The Cliff and on into Tansley. On entering Nottingham Road, as you reach The Tavern on the left, turn right into Thatchers Lane. Turn immediately right into Thatchers Croft and No. 3 can be found on the right hand side.

VIEWING – Strictly by prior arrangement with the Matlock office 01629 580228.

Ref: FTM9753
Download Brochure