Offered on a 30% shared ownership arrangement, a modern generously proportioned two bedroomed home with attractive gardens and delightful countryside aspect.
Situated on the very fringe of the town as part of a recent new home development, this attractive end terraced house is offered with the benefit of a shared ownership arrangement with Nottinghamshire Community Housing Association who retain ownership of the remaining 70%. There is opportunity for stage purchasing of the remainder of the freehold should that be desired.
The house provides good sized two bedroom accommodation, well appointed throughout with a modern standard of finish expected of new homes today. There is the benefit of UPVC double glazing and gas fired central heating together with off street parking within a dedicated communal car park. There are attractive gardens and delightful views to the rear across the adjacent countryside.
Lying around one mile from Matlock’s town centre, the property is set back within a cul-de-sac position and offers convenient access in and around the town. The neighbouring centres of employment are readily accessible including Chesterfield, Alfreton and Bakewell together with the cities of Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham all within daily commuting distance. The delights of the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District countryside are all close at hand.
A UPVC double glazed door opens to an entrance hallway having stairs which lead off to the first floor and to one side a:
Cloak Room with low flush WC and wash hand basin.
Dining Kitchen – 2.55m x 4.54m (8’ 4” x 14’ 11”) fitted with a good range of built in cupboards and drawers with cream laminate finish and chrome handles, complemented by wood grain effect work surfaces. There is a 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit, four ring gas hob with stainless steel splashback and extractor above plus a similar under counter electric oven. Concealed to a wall cupboard is the gas fired combination boiler which serves the central heating and hot water system.
Sitting Room – 4.71m x 2.77m (15’ 5” x 9’ 1”) accessed off the hall, a full width room which enjoys the benefit of views across the garden towards the tree lined countryside beyond. A pair of fully glazed French doors allows external access and an additional window draws in enhanced natural light.
From the hall, stairs rise to a galleried landing from where there is access to the roof void. Doors lead off to:
Bedroom 1 – 4.71m x 3.27m (15’ 5” x 10’ 9”) a spacious double bedroom with two windows to the front, ample space for wardrobes and other furniture together with a built in full height store set above the stair well.
Bedroom 2 – 4.04m x 2.67m (13’ 3” x 8’ 9”) a good sized second room with a pleasant rear aspect towards the mature trees which flank Bentley Brook.
Bathroom fitted with a white suite to include pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC and panelled bath with hinged glazed screen and electric shower fitting.
To the front of the property, a grass forecourt garden. At the rear the gardens are again, simply laid to grass with a modest paved terrace and fence boundaries. The gardens enjoy a pleasant southerly aspect. The property has the added benefit of two allocated parking spaces within the courtyard parking.
TENURE – The property is offered leasehold which caters for the current shared ownership arrangement. The purchaser will hold 30% ownership, the remaining 70% in the ownership of Nottinghamshire Community Housing Association for which a rent and service charge, including building insurance, is currently paid at £322.15 per calendar month. There are options to purchase larger proportions through the Housing Association and Help to Buy Scheme.
SERVICES – All mains services are available to the property which benefits from gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazing. No test has been made on services or their distribution.
COUNCIL TAX – Band B.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS – Only the fixtures and fittings mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. Certain other items may be taken at valuation if required. No specific test has been made on any appliance either included or available by negotiation.
DIRECTIONS – From Matlock Crown Square take Causeway Lane before turning second left into Steep Turnpike. Rise to the top of the hill, bearing left at the junction with Chesterfield Road and continue on and up beyond the Duke of Wellington public house as the road levels. Continue beyond the turning to Highfields School and take the next right turn onto the new Harron Homes development. Turn right into Bentley Bridge Road and No. 20 can be found on the right hand side just passed the left hand turn.
VIEWING – Strictly by prior arrangement with the Matlock office 01629 580228.