Offered on a 25% shared ownership arrangement, a modern generously proportioned two bedroom home with private parking, attractive gardens and pleasant countryside aspect.
Recently constructed as part of the Thornberries development on the fringe of the town, this attractive semi-detached house is offered with the benefit of a shared ownership arrangement, the remaining 75% owned by Nottinghamshire Community Housing Association. The house provides good sized two bedroom accommodation, well appointed throughout with a modern standard of finish expected of new homes today. There is the benefit of UPVC double glazing and gas fired central heating together with off street parking for two cars and attractive gardens. The rear gardens adjoin neighbouring woods and fields which provide a delightful countryside feel.
Lying around one mile from Matlock’s town centre, the property is set back to a cul-de-sac position and offers convenient access into and around the town. The neighbouring centres of employment are readily accessible including Bakewell, Chesterfield and Alfreton and the delights of the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District countryside are all close at hand.
Sheltered beneath a tiled porch canopy, a UPVC mock panelled door opens to an entrance hallway. Well proportioned with ample space for occasional furniture and with stairs which lead off to the first floor. To one side access is gained to the
Cloak Room with low flush WC and wall hung wash hand basin. There is an electric consumer unit and extractor fan.
Dining Kitchen – 4.51m x 2.55m (14’ 8” x 8’ 4”) the spacious kitchen has ample room to create a dining area and is fitted with a range of modern cupboards and drawers with high gloss laminate finish to the doors and wood grain effect work surfaces. There is also a 1½ bowl sink unit, plumbing for an automatic washing machine, four ring gas hob above a low level electric oven and with a stainless steel splash back and matching extractor hood above. Concealed to a wall cupboard is the gas fired combination condensing boiler which serves the central heating and hot water system.
Sitting Room – 4.72m x 2.81m (15’ 5” x 9’ 2”) a generously proportioned family room which enjoys a delightful aspect across the rear gardens and towards the trees and fields beyond the rear boundary. A pair of fully glazed French doors allow further natural light and patio access.
Taking the stairs to the first floor landing there is access to the roof void and:
Bedroom 1 – 4.72m x 3.3m (15’ 5” x 10’ 8”) a good double bedroom with two front aspect windows with pleasant outlook along the cul-de-sac and to the Pinewoods of Matlock Moor beyond. To one corner is a built in wardrobe set above the bulk head providing useful storage.
Bedroom 2 – 4.04m x 2.66m (13’ 2” x 8’ 7”) a second double bedroom which enjoys views beyond the gardens to the tree lined fields beyond.
Bathroom fitted with a white suite to include low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath having electric shower above and hinged glass shower screen. There is an extractor fan and obscure glazed window.
Fronting the property there are two tarmac parking bays either side of a central paved path leading to the front door. Gardens are found at the rear, principally laid to lawn with fenced boundaries on each side. Adjacent to the house is a paved patio whilst at the lower boundary a small herbaceous border planted with low growing shrubs against a dry stone wall.
TENURE – The property is offered leasehold which caters for current shared ownership arrangement. The purchaser will hold 25% ownership, the remaining 75% in the ownership of Nottinghamshire Community Housing Association for which a rent and service charge, including buildings insurance, is currently paid at £341 per calendar month.
There are options to purchase 50%, 75% or 100% through the Housing Association and Help to Buy scheme.
SERVICES – All mains services are available to the property which benefits from gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazing. No test has been made on services or their distribution.
COUNCIL TAX – Band B.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS – Only the fixtures and fittings mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. Certain other items may be taken at valuation if required. No specific test has been made on any appliance either included or available by negotiation.
DIRECTIONS – From Matlock Crown Square take Causeway Lane before turning second left into Steep Turnpike. Rise to the top of the hill bearing left at the junction with Chesterfield Road and continue on and up until the road plateaus. Continue beyond Lumsdale Road (Highfields School turn) before taking the next right onto the Harron Homes development. Turn immediately right onto Bentley Bridge Road and No. 46 can be found on the right hand side.
VIEWING – Strictly by prior arrangement with the Matlock office 01629 580228.